Whenever the word stress is mentioned, nothing positive is associated with it and unfortunately, during the course of our lives, we will encounter it. To live a happier life, stress must be eliminated or reduced and we have tried, tested and shared seven activities that could help reduce stress. It is not a magical solution neither is it rocket science but with constant daily practice, these steps can take us closer to a stress free life.
1. Manage your Time: Time management is essential for a stress free life especially in the world we currently live in where things like social media, blogs and the states of affairs can suck one in and make one lose track of time if we do not manage our time properly. Your schedule doesn’t need to be rigid however, create short to-do lists each day and at the end of the day, be sure to go through accomplished tasks and be grateful.
2. Prepare for the Day: Take a few minutes at the end of each day to prepare for the next day. Sort out your outfits and all the necessary items needed and put them in one place.
3. Laugh Often: Laughter releases endorphins that improves the mood and immune health. It also lowers levels of the stress hormone and improves management of physical pain.
4. Breathe Deeply: Take 5 minutes to breathe slowly and deeply when you feel anxious. Slow breathes reduce stress hormones in the body and lower heart rate and blood pressure.
5. Keep a Journal: Journaling promotes reflection and organisation of thoughts. Journal positive situations, achievements, and the little things. Remember what you are grateful for.
6. Meditate: Meditation is about finding inner peace. Find simple ways to clear your mind like taking a bath or listening to soft music.
7. Get Enough Sleep: Sleep is a necessity and should be treated as such because we need sleep to function properly. The less sleep you get, the higher your tendency to get irritated/worked up thus hampers productivity and induces stress. So if you ever thought not getting enough sleep is cool, think again.
We hope these tips are helpful. Please feel free to share any tips you may have. Put them in the comment section below.
Image Credit: Pinterest